Monday, February 28, 2011

Raisin in the Sun - Opinion

I truthfully enjoyed reading this play. I liked that I could understand its context and the emotions of each character without feeling distracted by Shakespearean wordings. I especially liked the transformation ending of this play, in which Walter finally understands what his mother has been saying. (p. 148) This is an extreme contrast to Glass Menagerie, where Tom never truly sees his faults. This transformation seems to be a theme throughout this play. Beneatha changes to a degree in this play, as does Walter several times. I also feel that the characters of Ruth and Mama are closely tied together, because they share so many traits and seem to be the glue of the family. Overall, I liked this play because it left me wanting to know what else would happen to the family. Thus, I truly knew that I had been drawn in, as any play intends to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment