Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Miss Brill

I think I found this story most interesting because it is kind of like a story within a story. Through Miss. Brill's imagining, another world or story is created. I also found it to be interesting how many things in the story foreshadow the ending result of the story itself. For example, Miss. Brill's thought over others being from "dark rooms." This is the same place to which she goes later. Also, there is foreshadowing in the woman who is rejected by a man, in the same way Miss Brill will too be rejected by the young couple. I think this story is in part meant to speak about the result of gossip on society. But, I also think it is supposed to cover an average view on a Sunday and the commonality of what is taking place.

1 comment:

  1. I a little confused by your point...are you saying Miss Brill's experience is in communion with the others on that Sunday afternoon? She seemed so isolated from everyone.

    ReplyDelete