Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Rose For Emily

Overall, I thought this story was interesting, although also disturbing to a degree. The fact that it was written in 1st person plural was different, and I haven't read many stories that take this form of narration. I didn't like how the story jumped in time randomly with little warning or description of an exact time period. And then, the end of the story was a little odd, I suppose. I felt like it was predictable, perhaps because I also feel as though I have read another story with a similar plot line before. I felt like the story lacked a moral or relevant point to redeem itself, it was sort of like a recounted history without an ending that ties everything together well. However, I did notice that many of the descriptions throughout the story were very detailed and easy to envision. In the end, I felt like this story would fit in as one told around a campfire, but I didn't understand its use outside of a 'spooky' setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment