Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sorting Laundry - Elisaviette Ritchie

1) I really like the author's first name...maybe that's because my name is not normal....annnywhoooo
2) I really liked the sentiment behind this poem. The comparison between the things that the love of the narator's life being as numerous as the things in the laundry was cute. (I couldn't find a more professional sounding word. :( ) I especially liked when she described the "empty side of the bed" and how without the person, she could never have enough clothes to fill that side. To me, that symbolized that she could never have enough memories alone to fill the space that would be left in her heart. I think this poem used a lot of description as well as containing the metaphor between clothes and memories. I wonder if each piece of clothing has a specific meaning or if her examples are just general. I also thought that "sorting laundry" symbolized going over memories in one's mind. In this case, she looked at each with love and renewed feeling. Overall, I liked the most that this was more of a feel-good poem unlike some of the others.

1 comment: